Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Date last Friday

Wow, it's been a while since I posted! Got busy with work and stuff.

So on Friday I went out with #27 (I had to go back and check). First, I would like to say that I think it's sad I'm up to 27. Some people would blame it on South Florida. I tend to think I have a hand in it.

Anyway, #27 is 30 and an engineer. He's from Peru. His English is better than my Spanish, but it ain't perfect by any stretch. If we dated I suspect my Spanish and his English would both improve. And in Miami it's not a big deal. But I do like to play with words a lot, so it's hard to date someone who's a little limited in understanding the subtle nuances of my brilliance. Ha.

I had a good time, it was nice! I tried to practice the Surrendered Single thing to listen more, and it was hard, but I did better than I usually do, I think. At the end, he said, "I really like your personality." Wow!! I said I really enjoyed talking to him. I feel like I've only just brushed the surface with him, so I couldn't really give him a compliment much more than that. Then I practiced good Surrendered Single behavior: He said something to the effect that he would call me and I said, "I'd really like to hear from you," or something like that.

Has he called? No. It's too soon to assume he won't. But seriously. It's enough to make a girl give up hope, sometimes. Not that I was in love. But we got along, he clearly liked me, why hasn't he called?

Geez!

No comments: