Monday, October 19, 2009

Workin' it

Yeah, I'm workin' the online dating scene. I'm talking with like 10 guys between eharmony and chemistry. We gotta get me married off eventually. I turned 30 on Saturday. I don't wish I was married or anything, but I haven't been in a relationship of any sort for 2 years. It can be lonely at times. And I feel myself becoming more and more of a homebody, because I don't want to go to random boozy events on south beach that 150 strangers are attending or do the bar/club thing. So that leaves small gatherings with friends, dinners, and/or movies in the evenings. Which is fine. But it's hard to meet new people that way. So I try to do other things, like my dinner group and my book clubs. It takes a long time to establish enough contact-time with someone to consider asking them to do something.
Oy.
Maybe I'll get a date this week. Or see "Paranormal Activity," because I *really* want to see that. Hee hee.

I'm also re-reading Surrendered Single, since a second read may help out. I am definitely more friendly with strangers than I used to be! And that's got the added bonus that strangers are friendlier back and everyone seems nicer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just your last paragraph makes reading the book seem worth it!

As Dr. Phil says, "Get out of your comfort zone and try new activities that put you in a "target rich" environment." Golf lessons? Computer related class? ABA meetings? etc. (Nix on the bar scene. Good way to meet a heavy drinker!)

Natalie Vick said...

You are bound to find someone soon, Sam. Someone as confident, beautiful, and sassy as yourself is quite the catch. Don't settle! :)