Sunday, May 3, 2009

The boorishness guy - phone call

I got a charming, funny message from the guy, weeks ago, responded twice, but firefox was malfunctioning or something and the responses weren't going through. So I logged on through explorer and just messaged him, "I've written you twice and it hasn't gone through! Can you send me your number and we'll just talk?"

This also eliminates the waste-of-time messaging period!

We talked last night, and I really liked him. My major complaints: he's a total morning person (I am more like a vampire) and he said he needs to have a house with a concealed backyard because he keeps "a bunch of jalopies" back there. I guess he works on them? These are very much acceptable issues in my book. He seems genuinely nice and smart and funny. So we'll see. He's got a house in Orlando (only been here 10 months) and he's going back this weekend, said he'll call me next week. He is, however, planning to buy a house in Morningside.

I like men that are planning to own a home here, it means they plan to stay. So many don't. I know it's cool to bitch about Miami, but mostly I like it here - but a lot of guys want to leave. I even like the wild parrots that wake me up in the morning with their screechy squawks - because they're in my window sills, and climbing up my window screens with their little feet/claws and otherwise making a tremendous racket. I love those little bastards!! Love 'em! They pair off and nuzzle in the sills, and if I'm quiet I can watch them. My mom enjoys this when she visits, too. My new apartment has them in the windows much more than my old one. I think I'll learn to ignore them, which is good at 6 in the morning, but too bad because I'll take them for granted, those funny cute little buggers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I recall this is the guy who values kindness quite a bit. The car thing---such a guy thing you gotta love it!