Friday, May 22, 2009

I have such a crush on my physical therapist

A little over three years ago I was in a car accident (not my fault! None of them down here have been my fault) and injured my back pretty badly. I went to the physical therapist that was just opening his own place - in the back room at my snazzy gym. Then he moved to a bigger place and I kept going. I always had a kickass time. He has a partner who is great too, a woman. So I needed some PT and I called them. I was surprised how much they remember about me - it's been a while! Apparently my "cackle" is particularly memorable, and he likes to get me to laugh and then point it out.
I got special treatment since I was one of the original clients - I actually got him as my therapist even though he has a lot of staff. Yay for me! Also got me a next-day appt when I called yesterday.
Ah, this guy is such a flirt it kills me! And he's very cute, and pretty smart. But I've always known somehow that he's bad news dating-wise. Also he apparently likes older women, which makes me at least 10-15 years to young for him. But I have such fun! PT should be this great for everyone. When I arrived he said, "I never made you do that topless therapy, did I?", to which I replied, "I don't think you'd have to make me." And at the end as I was leaving he said, "Next time don't wear a bra, let's see how that goes." It gave me the stupid grin.
It's hard to feel bad about your pain with that kind of conversation going on. Come to think of it, that's how my 2 girlfriends helped me get through the hour-and-a-half it took me to a tattoo when I was in law school - sex talk with the tattoo artist!
Also, I really like this mature discourse. It really stimulates my pondering on world peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could be the premise for a new TV show: "The Inappropriate Health Care Provider"!

Almost in America said...

Yes, he is really inappropriate. Probably should take note of that. But then, three years ago it was just the two of us in a tiny room at first, where I just said whatever I wanted. Also he's a hug flirt. And an inappropriate health care provider, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

more than perhaps