Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Date with 25 (opthamologist)

He had to push it an hour later, to 8:30, because he had just come back from Spain and had to do a bit of driving. Okay.
He showed up on time. Check.
He was kinda cute. Definitely very short. Tiny little hands. (Don't even say it.)
We sat down. He kept talking about house music and clubs in Barcelona. I was uninterested but tried to be game. Then he kept, like, flirting with the waitress. She was really cute, and pretty smart as servers go. I was annoyed. I finally said, "Maybe you should ask her out." His reply? "I don't want to date a waitress. I want someone educated to be with" (or something like that). I said, "Well, she's going to be a hairstylist at the Four Seasons," to which he said, "Nah."
I know. He didn't pick up on it at all.
Sigh.
But then it got better. Apparently he had visited all the important museums and sites in Barcelona.
He didn't ask me about myself much. Has no idea what I do for a living or anything.
Sigh.
But at the end, he seemed pretty nervous. For some reason when he said he would call, I said, "I'd really like to hear from you," since that's encouraging but not pushy, a la Surrendered Single.

As the days go by, I wonder why I would go out with him again. Perhaps he'd do a better job on the second date? I could always just get up in the middle of it and say, "I'm sorry, I tried to give you a second chance but you're still flirting with the waitress and not asking me anything about myself."

I forgot, he also insisted several times that North Vietnam was an independent country. Not sure if he was fucking with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're America! We're 10-1!

- Bill Murray, "Stripes"