Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A little boy fun last night

I went to my dinner group last night, which was perfectly pleasant. It was full of guys but I somehow ended up at the end of a table so I couldn't talk to people and eventually I moved. My friend was like, "There are tons of guys here, why aren't you talking to them?" I explained that I felt fat and that is was taking the zing out of me, so to speak. Sometimes it's just so hard to be a woman.

However, at the beginning of the evening a guy I've had my eye on for over a year but rarely see came in. He shook hands with me and couldn't remember my name, but put his arm around me and laughed about being forgetful, so it was ok. During dessert I went to the table where my buddy was, and he was there and we all talked and laughed for liek 20 minutes. He was paying me enough attention that I thought he might be interested.

Then after dinner we were talking and I said, "You know, we're facebook friends." He said, "So then can I poke you sometime?" I laughed and said we don't do that anymore but he could send me a jello shot or something, since that seems to be what people do. But I felt I had been a little too negative about it (my account isn't perfectly accurate), so, after we got talking to other people I went back towards him and said, "And send me a jello shot, or something..." He said, "A jello shot ... or pudding!" "Pudding! That's yummier!" I said.

So there. The Surrendered Single book said something about being open to stuff, and I wanted to make sure he knew I wanted to hear from him a little more clearly. But the ball is still in his court, so I think I'm doing this right. If nothing else, it's good practice!

No comments: