Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Monday night summary

Monday was a busy night for me in the boy department.

The 22-year-old showed up at the dinner group holiday party at Skybar at the Shore Club. There's something about him I really like, even though I don't know him very well. And he's persistent: we now have a coffee date for 12/31. I'm not used to being pursued this much. It's nice! Follow-up email in less than 24 hours, that sort of thing. I'm enjoying it. My married friend doesn't understand why we'd do a coffee date instead of dinner, but I explained that this makes me less nervous. Yes, I'm actually rather nervous about this stuff. All that vivaciousness covers up my anxiety.

So anyway.

The teacher showed up as well. I wanted to talk to him alone, but people kept getting in the way! Eventually I had to tell them to just give us three minutes. Then I looked at him, he looked at me, and he blurted out, "I think you're totally hot." Yes, folks, just like that. Things like that don't happen in real life! It was cool. I said thank you. Then I was starting to get into the do-you-want-to-go-out thing and he was like, "but you see" and I said, "Oh, you're seeing someone." "Yeah." "Okay," I said. "I'll give you my card anyway?" He heartily agreed (poor girlfriend). Then I looked him in the eye and said, "Anything she can do, I can do better."

What can I say? I was feeling bold. And I didn't mean it sexually, I just meant that I'm pretty awesome. Which I am.

C showed up, which was a little weird.

The gorgeous guy showed up, even said he was looking for me, which tickled me pink, I have to admit. I bet he'd laugh if he read this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great night :) Save some for the other girls!

Anonymous said...

Put this note in "the little box"!