Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sunday Chat with #6

#6 called Sunday night. We had a nice talk I guess, although I stayed on the phone too long with him. He seemed intent on convincing me I should move, which was annoying. It annoys me to no end that people think living in old-school Dadeland is bad. It's nice! It's quiet, it's very very safe, it's convenient to my job and my al-anon buddies that live in East Bumfuck (aka the Hammocks), and the drive to sobe/grove/gables isn't horrendous (altho it ain't great, I won't deny that).

I asked him about the weird phone call and concluded by his response that 1) he didn't think it was weird that he called someone he hadn't even met at 10:15 at night on a holiday weekend when he knew they were out of town, and 2) it was basically a drunk dial.

Now, I know I'm hot stuff and all, but a drunk dial from a guy I haven't even met?

He also seemed shocked that I would give up on forcing minor plumbing problems in my apartment to be fixed after meeting tremendous resistance and bullshit. The problems aren't that bad. Nothing is falling off, you know? But he kept pushing it. It was weird. I felt like he though I was a quitter. I'm not a quitter, damn him!

Luckily he didn't ask me out yet. Wimp. Now I will just ignore his calls, if there are any more. Maybe he thinks I'm a quitter and won't call! That would be just as well. Give him more time for beer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondering if you enjoyed this conversation. It sounds a little antagonistic. Wonder if it felt that way. Is it a good idea to limit oneself to a certain time limit with a new person on the 1st phone call, e.g. 20 min., regardless of the tenor.

Anonymous said...

uh who cares what he thinks of you? lets think about him-drunk dial? no common sense and pushy!

Almost in America said...

You are both right!