Wednesday, December 10, 2008

C and I were matched on E-harmony

You may recall my adventures with C (not his real name, of course - who is named with the letter C?). We were friends. Sometimes I miss him, but mostly I think it would still be hard for me to hang out with him right now. I saw him a few weeks ago at my dinner group and it was fine, but I was accutely aware of him the whole time, tables away.

So today I was showing my coworker how this guy I'm talking to on e-harmony has really nice legs, and I saw there was a closed match with C. I started laughing! I knew it was inevitable that we would be matched, if he was still on the site, because we are pretty damn compatible. He gave three reasons: he is taking a break from dating, we are communicating outside of e-harmony, and other. So I texted him:

Me: What, you don't want to do guided communication? ;) lol

Him: Well you know so much about me already that they would need to write 100 things you didn't know about me.

Me: Did you really have to put "other"? Sheesh!
Him: Well there was no "got busy option" so I had to go with the other ;)

Me: Rofl. Sometimes I miss these texting sessions. Maybe I should take you out of purgatory.

Him: Yes - (awkward silence as I face the corner in my room surrounded by the murmurs of shadows and st peters hot stern laser vision burning the back of my neck)


Oh, and no, he still doesn't have a job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lack of job is an objective measure that he does not bring enough to the table...despite the excuse he might have about the economy. Be grateful of his closure, methinks.