Thursday, March 5, 2009

19 will score a second date too

I had a good time! He's pretty cute, although I am a full foot shorter than him. Would that be weird? I dunno. I don't wear heels much...

Anyway, the conversation was pretty good. At one point he asked me how many eharmony dates I'd been on, and I suddenly felt like I'd been asked how many people I've slept with, so I was like, "Um, well, how many have you been on?" He says, "That many? Wow! I thought twelve was a lot" in the year he'd been on eharmony. So I said 16 since the end of November, which is basically true since the others were not eharmony... I'm a datin' whore! What can I say?

Red flag? He has the wanderlust. He likes to move frequently to new towns. See, I like Miami in large part because I have established friends, social groups, activities, and I know my way around (more or less). Of course, he'd like to move to San Diego, Portland or Raleigh. I'd never do Portland (too grim) but I'd do the other two. I LOVE San Diego. But the idea of relocating for no reason is stupid. I just can't do it. And it reminds me of my ex, who said "I want to wander the world and help people," which I thought was more due to the fact that he didn't know what to do with himself than anything else. 19 builds huge computer programs that are pretty cool - we talked about it in-depth and I'm sure he appreciated that I pretty much understood what he does. They always like that.

Red flag? His dog is really badly behaved. Like, I couldn't tolerate it, the way he describes it. And I doubt he'd appreciate my offer to retrain the dog. Even if I would do a kickass job.

Am I being nitpicky?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes on the "nitpicky."

Anonymous said...

He sounds laid back. This has its pros and cons...as does the opposite personality.
Other readers may not like this comment but I feel men never like to think they are 1 of many, in any way. There is no need to tell them how many of anything you have ever done! It does not advance things.

Almost in America said...

Yeah, no one likes to think they are one of many. But I did get to regale him with tales of several dates that weren't so great, so he knows he passes the "separate neck and chin" test unlike others, for one!