Sunday, March 15, 2009

Should I try some other sites?

I am in Maryland visiting my family before embarking on business in DC this week. So I showed my mom some of my latest eharmony matches - she was as underwhelmed as I was. Oy. I mean, can you at least spell "dining" instead of "dinning" when you work in a restaurant? Christ! I've noticed people in Miami really want to spell it with an extra "n" - dinning room, fine dinning, etc.

Then my mom suggested I go to The Right Stuff, a dating site for Ivy-type college grads. I didn't go to an Ivy, but I went to Johns Hopkins, which is on their acceptable list. But they only claim to have 4,600 members in the entirety of the US and Canada, and offer free membership to people in some states, including Florida, no doubt to boost membership.

So I googled "dating ivy leage graduates" and was led to Perfect Match. However, the site does not actually claim to match you on that basis. It seems to be claiming to be better at matching than eharmony. It does have 4 million members, or so it claims, which is certainly better than 4,600!

Then I looked at Chemistry, which seems to be claiming that chemistry is how they match you. What? Oh, no, upon closer inspection you just do ... a personality profile, like eharmony and Perfect Match.

All of these for the low, low fee of only your right arm, below the elbow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you have the time and inclination. Why not try 1 or 2 at least for a trial run...

Anonymous said...

chemistry.com (may be wrong domain) had an ad on tv.