Friday, March 6, 2009

Eharmony v. grocery store

My mom sent me an article saying that you're probably as likely to meet "the one" at the grocery store as you are online. This depressed me. But then I thought, I never see anyone single at the grocery store. And if they are, they are younger than me or way older. I think I'd do better if I sat on Lincoln Road and tossed arrows at guys as they passed - at least the age appropriateness would be more in line with my requirements. And you can spot the gay ones, for the most part.

Also, apparently eharmony claims that it is now responsible for 2% of marriages in the U.S. I can believe it; even though my dates are amusing/sad/pathetic/drunk/not hot enough/awkward/whatever, they are people I genuinely get along with. If you pull random guys off the street they would not be nearly as compatible, IMHO.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what about doing both :) In the grocery cart look for too much beer or liquor and avoid those-now the ones with popcorn diet soda and chocolate-that is a match!

Anonymous said...

I met my wife at the grocery store - but we were both working at a grocery store at the time. High school job. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

That seems more like meeting someone at work...

Almost in America said...

I agree - that's more like meeting at work. Also, my mom said she thinks the whole grocery store thing is overrated. And I never see age-appropriate, attractive guys there.

Anonymous said...

but it was still IN a grocery store . . . I don't remember any disclaimers saying it couldn't be work-related.