Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Day After Halloween

There was a guy I was really interested in, and everyone told me he liked me, too. So I told him I liked him and wanted to date him, and he seemed cool with that. Then during sex he, "I had no idea you felt that way about me."

I kept seeing him sort of, and then a few weeks ago I called him and said I needed space. I know he was shocked, which doesn't make me feel more than a tiny bit better. I disinvited him from my little birthday gathering the following weekend as well.

I'm awesome, and I know this. There is no reason for him not to want to be with me - we have chemistry, we get along well, we're supportive of each other, and we crack each other up. But really he's not good enough for me because he's been mean (he's the one that said I was "brave" for speaking Spanish, highly insulting AND inaccurate), and also this whole thing has been more than a little emotionally manipulative.

Last night at the party he brought a date. It's funny, now that they are dating (it's very early on) I like her a lot more - I don't know if it's because she is happy being with him, because she knows we're friends and wants me to like her, or because she doesn't feel competitive with me for a man like the other times I've hung out with her. But she's sort of adorable! At least in her costume.

But he brought a date, and I would like to punch him in the stomach.

I hate being single, but I also hate being with someone that makes me unhappy, so tonight I am going to hang with one of my closest friends and her cute little kids!

No comments: