Monday, April 6, 2009

Oy

So I've been doing the eharmony thing with this guy who is 37, successful professional, cute, etc. Seemed fine. I just got his Must Haves/Can't Stands and one is:

Boorishness......
I can't stand someone who is inclined to rowdy, vulgar or disrespectful behavior when "having fun."

So I'm thinking, "Oh god, that's me!" And them I'm thinking, "Maybe he really means girls that get sloppy drunk and slutty. And that's not me." What is me? I can be kind of ... er, vulgar I guess. I dunno. I'm brazen in my language, that's the word. Rowdy? I am frequently accused of laughing too loud. Disrespectful? Nope, not me.

And finally, what kinda deal would eharmony have to offer me to keep me on the site when my membership expires in May or June or whenever? Sigh.

In my questions to him, I asked him if he could "tell me specifically what that means to you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could also tell him the truth---that sometimes you laugh too loud and use a cuss word, but that you are never disrespectful, vulgar, boorish or a sloppy drunk, etc.,or something on that order. Then he can decide.

In this economy eharmony, etc. ought to be cutting some deals! If not, decide if you cut that out or some other item that is not too critical.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I interpreted "having fun" in quotes to mean "sex." So he doesn't want someone who's vulgar and disrespectful during sex? What does that even mean? "Do not disrespect me during sex, damnit."

Almost in America said...

The whole description of boorishness was written/provided by eharmony, so the quotes around "having fun" were provided by them, not this person. Until I realized that, you really had me thinking!!