Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Saturday Night, Part III

I walk into the billiards place and into the back, where he's talking to the DJ, on a platform thing. I look up, he sees me, and just put my arms out to the sides, like, here I am! He motions that he'll be with me in a minute. It was a lot of minutes, but my friend came in and we chatted. I said to her, "He's in his thirties, right?" She says, "Uh, no," to which I say, "Oh." I mean, I'm 29, so if he's not in his 30s he's probably younger than me and I'm kinda over the younger guys.
He came over and made an excuse to tell me he did 2 years of medical school, but dropped out. We chatted. I said, "How old are you?" "27," he said. "Ok, that is acceptable," I said with a grin. "Why, are you testing me?" "No," I said, "I was just ... checking." I don't think he understood why I cared.
He went off to do something again, and my friend's friend came up. First I asked her what his name was, since I couldn't remember if I had been introduced. She told me his name. Then I said, "Don't tell him I asked this, but isn't he gay?" She laughed and said that it seemed like it but apparently definitely not. We talked and I relayed how I was stunned when he said he was flirting with me, and that I don't seem to know what I'm doing about guys anymore!
I went outside to talk to him again. I gave him my number, because my friend and I were ready to leave. He said, "I'd like to walk you to your car. Can I?" I said, "Well, I'm driving my friend home, so, uh, it might be a little weird." "I don't mind," he said. "So it would be the three of us?" "That's fine," he said smiling, "maybe I can sneak a kiss."
Well, this had me all worked up - I was probably blushing and I found the whole situation surreal. "Well," I said, "let me go get my friend."
I go back into the billiards place and relay the story. "That's okay," she said. "I'll stay here with [the other girl] and catch a cab home." (She lives on the beach, so that's not cruel and unusual). "I'm happy to drive you home! Really! He can call me. It's fine!!" I really said those things. She said, "Nope, it's cool. You go, I'll stay."
I said my goodbyes, then went out to find the guy. We walked to my car...

No comments: