Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Saturday Night, Part II

We get to the billiards place and we're just hanging around with the girl who promotes there. It's pretty dead. We end up outside with her, with the door guys and various staff who have nothing to do, as well as two of the owners who also don't know what to do with themselves. There's various drama going on with people and I'm just enjoying the weather, shooting the breeze with my friend and the door guys.
Then I get an idea: I'm wearing flip flops but have sexy shoes in my big ol' purse, so I put them on and start trying to bring in business! They have this very cute employee girl in knee-high fuck-me boots and a miniskirt. I say to the door guy, "You should really send fuck-me-boots out to wander in front and bring in business."
The door guy is cute, very tall, cute! But gay, I'm pretty sure. He says, "Yeah, but she's just really dumb and she can't do it. She doesn't know how to bring people in." We talk some more. Then I say, "Hey, you should go out there and do that, you're pretty cute!" He's all like, oh no, I'm not that cute. And I was like, yes you are! I don't care when they're gay! I'll say whatever. We're talking some more and then he says, "Well, my place is right around the corner," and gives me a flirty look. I basically ignored it because a) I don't get out much, b) guys are so hard to read these days, and c) he's gay, right? I mean, I don't decide someone's gay when they're not, right? But then, they ALL seem gay to me anymore, I'm so paranoid.
We keep talking, and then I say to him and my friend, "Well, if nothing else I have the 55-year-old condo association manager - she looks good for her age!" My friend laughs. The guy says, "I've been trying to flirt with you this whole time but you're not responding, so I'm gonna go get a drink." And then he walks inside the billiards place.
I was flabbergasted! And then I thought, Oh, duh, he was flirting with me!
I looked at my friend and said, "So, am I supposed to follow him?"
"Yes, you're supposed to follow him," she says with a grin.
"Oh," I said. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore."
"Go in there!"
So I went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mabye he's just "metro." There has to be a Part III to this story, right?

Almost in America said...

Maybe...

Almost in America said...

Yes, there's even a part five!