Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why I need a man

It's not about what you think!

Last night I discovered a huge palmetto bug in my bathroom, which elicited from me a horror-movie scream. I sprayed it with a bug spray that kills roaches, but it ran away before getting really doused.

Later that evening it appeared in the dining room area, dead. So I used a folded tissue to pick it up, except it started moving, and ... yes, I screamed that scream again. The blood-curdling one. Then it kinda slid out and looked up at me from laying on its back, like, "Hey what's up good-lookin'? You look like fun!" I shiver even now.

I left it to die and ... still left it, very dead, this morning.

This is why I need a man. So I can scream about a horrible bug and have him take care of it.

Also, so that when I scream bloody murder somebody in my 64-unit complex would actually give a shit. I realized I could die alone in there after screaming bloody murder. No one would give a crap. Which is exactly why I do give a crap when I hear that stuff!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best Friend had just moved into a new appartment in DC. It had been freshly painted for about the Thousanth time. So when it got warm the door swelled and she got locked in her closet ....alone. She screamed for hours and banged on the wall. Luckily the closet was close to a shared hall way and after a few hours and beat up hands and body from trying to free herself, someone came and let her out. She got married the next year :)