Saturday, June 6, 2009

Beddy-bye time

Thursday night I also went to a happy hour fundraiser for domestic violence and human trafficking - my friend donated to them and had some extra tickets. She wanted me to come so I could network. I am a terrible networker. Mostly because I don't like talking to strangers!!

Anyway I saw this guy I went on a date with like 3 years ago and I remembered the full story.

I had been working at a title company doing real estate closings and he was a client. Then I left the job and he got my cell phone number so he could ask me out! We had never met, but I said yes. I was flattered that he liked me enough on the phone to ask me out based solely on that.

I met him at his condo in Brickell - I don't know why I said yes to that, but I did. He was pretty good looking, which was awesome! Then we went to a bar and hung out for a while. We went back to his condo to have a drink - I already knew that he wasn't attracted to me, I think, but I went anyway. The night was wrapping up. He said he was going to go to bed - I was kind of insulted - he couldn't even walk me downstairs to my car? Then he asks me to tuck him in to bed. I demurred. He asked again. I demurred again. He like begged. Seriously. I'm not making this up!

I went home. I did not tuck him in. Geez!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was "tucking him in" code for something?

Almost in America said...

Not as far as I could tell! Also my friend knows him a little and said people think he's gay.

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story and I'm glad you refused!

miamibabymama said...

that's hilarious....ah, dating in Miami...

Anonymous said...

"Tucking him in" sounds like code to me. It's right up there with the "want to have breakfast in the morning? yes. shall i call you or nudge you?" pantheon of cheesy lines to initiate sex. Or maybe he has a mommy fantasy. Either way, funny post.