Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Geez, I'm blind

Had dinner with my cousin last night while I'm in DC for work. He said that as soon as he met my Ex (the big ex, the relationship I'm still scarred from), he knew he was a pot head. What? I was incredulous. "Yeah, he had all the mannerisms. And he was dumb."

Wow! I said, "This is why everyone, including you, must absolutely tell me when you see this stuff! I won't get mad! I can't trust my judgment!!

I'm still, after almost 2 years, in shock or disbelief or something about the inappropriate behavior I put up with. I carry it with me and question my judgment at every turn. But I think my judgment is okay if I really listen to myself - like with Gorgeous Guy. I can convince myself of a lot of stuff, but really, let's be honest here: he's not into me or he's a pot head or he drinks six beers on a first date or he's gay, or whatever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys meet up at the Tune Inn?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Almost in America said...

Er, what's that?