Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why I don't ask Gorgeous Guy out

I think he's just not that into me.
I discussed this actually with some guys last night, who gave the following feedback: after seeing me four or five times, he knows if he's really interested in dating me. That night he probably just wanted me to stay around so he could get laid. The comment that I'm into scifi but he's not combined with his basically turning me down when I said we should go out last December (his response? "But you're a lawyer) - there will always be a reason why I'm not what he really wants.
I really think he just wanted to sleep with me that night. He could email me and ask me out any time. He knows I'm interested. He's a savvy guy and he's at least 35 if he's a day, so he knows what's what. I've put myself out there enough. All the more reason why it's good that I just left on Thursday instead of hanging around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're cool if he never asks you out? Why are you opposed to a hook-up? I realize you're not "looking to buy," but don't you want to "take it for test drive?"

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY disagree with the other anonymous, who might be inciting you on? In your heart you know why you made that decision and it is the right one.

Anonymous said...

Not inciting, just asking. So you're not going to date the guy. Ok, that's fine. But if you're attracted to him, and if he wants to, then why not have sex with him. It has to better than the guy from the backseat of a car in the garage who couldn't keep it up, right?

Anonymous said...

Hey---other anonymous-are you a guy? sounds like it! Not to offend...just curious!

Anonymous said...

It's good that you left. You are worth more than that.