Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Told my Physical Therapist to hook me up!

I happened to look pretty good yesterday when I went to physical therapy, so I asked my physical therapist (also known as The Inappropriate Healthcare Provider) to find me a boyfriend. "Why are you asking me?" he said. "Because smart attractive guys know smart attractive guys," I said smugly. "What about me?" he said. Errr, what? I said something about having just covered that. Then I said, "I don't think [his fiancee] would appreciate that." There was some more chat, then he asked me if I've ever slept with a married guy, to which I replied, "Not as far as I know!" I told him that's really off-limits for me, which it is. If a guy's got a girlfriend, he's off limits in my book. Was that a last try? Probably.
Then he started actually thinking about hookin' me up. "No idiots," he said. "Yeah, they have to be really smart. I'm looking mid-thirties to perhaps even early forties, if they look young." "How old are you?" "Almost thirty. But I think I need an older guy, although not because I'm so mature," I said, to which he grinned. I also said minimum of a bachelor's degree because I've had several boyfriends really feel inferior about my having a law degree. And he knows I'm a smart-ass, so that helps - not gonna set me up with some lame guy with no sense of humor. He said, "Aren't you on antidepressants?" Keep in mind that he knows this stuff because when I went to him three years ago it was just us in this tiny room in the back of my (fancy) gym, and I probably told him too much. Oh well. Can't undo the past. "Yeah, but I'm on a half dose now." "That's one of the first few things I ask on a date," he said. "Really?" "Oh yeah. I want to know if you're going to go really crazy." Ack. "I'm actually pretty rational about stuff. I think that's one of my strengths. I don't really go nuts, " I said. "Until you really let it out," he said, kinda joking but I knew he was serious.
Oh well.
Of course, this is the guy that greeted me this way: I was sitting in a chair reading a magazine, and he walked by, miming that he was hugging me and kissing me and said, "Makeout greeting." Then after he put me on a ice pack with the electrodes on my back he had to leave, and he gave me an air kiss from the door, across the room by at least 20 feet in front of 5 people. This makes me laugh even as I write it. Can you imagine any health care provider doing that to you? Only in Miami.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy's libido is leaking all over the place. Sure am glad I am not HIS fiancee!