Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I felt this deserved a new blog rather than just a comment...

...because apparently I need to provide some insight into the convoluted female mind.

A comment about Gorgeous Guy:
So you're not going to date the guy. Ok, that's fine. But if you're attracted to him, and if he wants to, then why not have sex with him. It has to better than the guy from the backseat of a car in the garage who couldn't keep it up, right?

You assume that if I slept with one guy then I'll sleep with all of them. Going off with some random guy I'll never see again is not the same as sleeping with someone in my social circle that blatantly doesn't want to date me (which kind hurts!). If it's a one-night thing and/or means nothing to the guy and/or me, I don't want to have to see him again - I don't want to get attached to a guy that's not good enough or not into me. Plus I don't really want to sleep with random people all the time (Exhibit A: "tuck me in guy" got nowhere). Sometimes it just happens, but I'm not looking for sex all the time. Really. Mostly I just want to find someone for real. If I wanted to just sleep with whomever, you know that more than one of those 19 dates (thus far) would have ended you-know-where. I know I coulda bagged the alcoholic pilot, for example. Occassionally I'm in the mood to do something stupid. Mostly not. Like when I travel for business I could hang out in the hotel bar like a floozy and pick up men, but I don't (even though there are some cute single guys in my hotel here in DC). Instead I order overpriced room service for dinner and ... write on my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I, for one, agree with your thoughts on this subject.
signed,
"Anon. #2"

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand your position in light of the fact that this guy is in your regular social circle and you would be forced to interact with him a regular basis.