Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Blatherings

I haven't heard from Date #5, and I would really like to. Since I didn't hear from #4, as soon as I got in the car and drove away from #5, I was thinking, "He's not going to call!"

I feel like maybe I talked too much about myself, even though I made a point of asking him about himself too. I feel like maybe I told him too much, although I didn't say anything particularly disturbing. I mentioned my germ phobia, but he said he has the same thing! I mentioned that I obsess about my skin, but he just thought it was silly. Like a lot of people I know. These things just came up; it's not like I focused on telling him weird things about me. And he told me that he has serious anxiety about his job (fancy corporate law litigation stuff - high stress). Enough that at a doctor's appointment he had a fast heart rate or something like that, solely because of anxiety. And he's supposed to lose 5-10 pounds, according to his dad and his doctor. So... big deal, right?

The thing is, I would think that a guy like him would really appreciate a girl like me - it's hard to find my particular combination of awesomeness. ;) But now I get to that thing where, if they don't call me something is wrong with me, which really isn't true because you never know what's going on in a stranger's life. My cute friend said she did the internet dating thing for a while and had some great first dates, maybe some seconds, but it never went anywhere.

And this is where dating is a pain in the ass.

No comments: