Monday, July 13, 2009

#21 - nixed

Firstly, he shows up at Starbucks having not even bothered to shave. This was quite clear because he had some serious shadow on his entire neck and face. Also, I immediately got the impression that he's gay. I didn't get it on the phone, but in person - geez. Maybe he's just effeminate.
Anyway, things were going okay, but he wasn't as cute as his pictures, I really couldn't feel attracted to him, and he kept mentioning that the green tea he was drinking was perhaps upsetting his stomach - come on! Be a man! I'm sorry. I can't stand it when men are like, "Oh, that upset my stomach," when everyone else is fine. (Once I had a boyfriend that in the middle of the night puked up our Chinese dinner and said it was because of my entree, because he "tasted it first" on the way up. What? You ate another entree that I didn't touch ... and you're a pansy.)
In addition, talking about the disease I work with for my job made him queasy when we talked about sputum (phlegm) samples being required for diagnosis. Then later he says, "I burped but I was worried - well I mean, I didn't vomit or anything," and I responded with a decent-sized, "Ewwww!" "I guess I shouldn't have said that," he said. "No," I said.
We wrapped it up soon after that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when is date No.2? Sounds like things went well...lol.

Anonymous said...

Your description evokes an ewww from me as well!
Anon. #2

Anonymous said...

Are you saying you're not a fan of stubble at all, or just on this particular guy?

Almost in America said...

For one thing, he had shadow down his entire neck - he's a hairy guy. So if you're going for the stubble look, you should still shave some of your neck or whatever. I dunno, stubble isn't the greatest.

Anonymous said...

If it were just stubble maybe you could deal with it with some comment but it was more than that methinks.
A#2