Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blast from the past

Er, so I get a friend request on facebook, from this guy that seems vaguely familiar from back when I was in law school. He mentions my undergrad and law schools, so he must know me, but who is he? His profile lists him as having gone to neither. So I write him back.

Yes, he's this guy that I hooked up with in 2001. It was so-so. I remember later that night I snuck out of my room and got on the phone with this other dude I had been seeing (I'm still convinced that he was gay) and was more interesting to talk to.

Then in the morning my crazy roommate was out and I was afraid she would get pissed at me for bringing someone home even though it wasn't going to affect her in the slightest (we didn't share a bathroom, I didn't use the common areas, and my room was closer to the front door!). But I remember I felt I couldn't let him leave because she was in the kitchen and would see him, and he kept saying he had to go to work, and I was like, "You can't leave! She'll see you!" Oh, this makes me laugh. I held him hostage for like 10 minutes but it felt like hours.

I wrote him back that I couldn't believe he remembered my last name (and both of my institutions of higher learning!). I guess it was even more memorable for him... I said I still feel bad about the whole not-letting-him-leave thing. We'll see if I hear back. He has over 1,000 friends and I'm not dying to friend him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there's something weird about a person with over 1,000 friends on Facebook. Like - they're WAY too into Facebook!