Monday, July 20, 2009

Date with 22

22 is very nice, but I didn't get a good feel for who he is. Probably means I talked too much.

We were supposed to meet at 6, as far as I know, but he didn't show up until 6:30 and didn't text or call. It was kind of odd. In fact at 6:15 I (having, unusually, arrived at Starbucks right on time), texted him that I was going to Jamba Juice next door. He texted back that he'd meet me there. Then I came back to Starbucks and texted him that I was back.

Anyway, he seems very gentle and kind. I think he's not the type to appreciate the occasional bit of gallows humor which comes along with my occupation. I manage a nonprofit organization for a disease, and people die sometimes. So when he asked how I raise money, I said it was hard but, "Someone died and left us 50 grand!" I smiled like "Hey, what are you gonna do?" But he was a little taken aback.

I think I should marry someone in the medical field.

So if he calls again I'd say yes since the Surrendered Single book says that we're nervous and weird on first dates, so give the guy a chance. But I kinda think he won't call.

Speaking of the medical field, I'm in physical therapy and today I was lying on a mat doing some exercises and my therapist's friend/endocrinologist came by to give her some medication. They did the Miami kiss greeting. He was cute! So I was like, "My doctors don't deliver my medications to me. They don't even kiss me in greeting!" I gave my therapist my card with my cell number on the back. She said he's very shy, doesn't know why he's single except he's too picky, wants a girl that's never been married (check), doesn't have kids but wants them (check), and is Jewish (fail). But as I told her, I'd make a wonderful Jewish person. I'll convert. It's cool. I've thought about it before since I meet a lot of Jewish guys.

Anyway.

No comments: