Thursday, July 16, 2009

#22

#22 is Mexican. Talked to him Tuesday night.
He seems very nice - you know, like a nice person. Nice is important. He wanted to know if I was serious when I said on eharmony that a dream I really look forward to having come true is to have a house with a yard so I can have a big dog. I didn't understand why he cared so much at first, then he told me he has a Weimeraner that he really loves but had to send back to Mexico because he was unhappy in an apartment. 22 has a big extended family and the doggie was lonely and cooped up. I could tell it was hard for him to part with his dog, and I related that it had been hard for me to part with my cats because of allergies. It was nice. Sounds boring, right? But we were connecting.

Anyway, hopefully I'll meet him for coffee on Saturday. The dumb thing about me going on coffee dates is that I don't really like coffee. Maybe there's a Jamba Juice on Miracle Mile, cuz I think we're meeting in the Gables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think "nice" is EXTREMELY important, maybe the most important thing!!! Have fun and like the book says, think of him as a potential FRIEND...for now.