Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Date with 23

Now comes the juicy and dysfunctional stuff! I know you were waiting for it, except my mom. She doesn't like the dysfunctional stories. Can't imagine why. ;)
23 was right on time. I had a really good time with him! He was fun and enjoyed my dark joke about the person dying and leaving my organization money. He asked about the two rings I wear, including the diamond & sapphire one. I told him I married myself, and he laughed but like it was creative, not stupid. Ah, it was going very well. I really liked him a lot.
After dinner we wandered the Gables a bit, until we came upon The Bar (that's what it's called, really). We sat and it was fun and blah blah. Then he started putting the moves on me and kissed me in the bar! I was like, we can't do this here, blah blah, but then he'd kiss me again... anyway, I got us out of there. We made out in the street. Seriously. But there really wasn't anyone around. Thank god for July in Miami - everyone's on vacation or something (but where do they go? Hmmm.) But I started to get scared, because I liked him and I felt like things were moving fast. Not that they could go further than kissing really, but still. So I was like, okay, I'm gonna go. Then he asked me to drive him to the garage he was in, even though it was around the corner, in case he couldn't get out (it was 1 am). I assured him that he could get out. I just felt like I should do it. It was weird, because he didn't try anything. Which is good, but it was weird.
Well, Monday on my way to see my therapy therapist (since I've written about the physical therapist) he calls me. Yay, right? No. Apparently he just got out of a relationship 8 weeks ago with a 31-year-old woman with a ten-year-old who is twice divorced.
I've come to the conclusion that, when I remember to think this, you're attracted to someone who's at the same level of emotional health as you are. So, already this is looking bad for him. Then he tells me that he had broken up with her "over and over" in the past, that she moved in with someone else and was marrying him within weeks of the breakup, and that he lost friends he'd had for 10 years because he "just fell apart" and they were used to him being the strong one. What?
So - Number 23 - nixed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, he spilled all that baggage after 1 date? Yikes.