Saturday, September 12, 2009

Email from 25

25, the opthamologist that flirted a lot with the waitress and seemed disappointed that I wasn't overcome with lust about his money, sent me this email:

I've been meaning to get back to you. I enjoyed our date and think you're very attractive. However, I don't thinkwe are perfectly compatible in a relationship but I'd like to keep in touch with you.

I wrote back, "Sounds good to me. :)"

Why? I dunno. Maybe he's fine as a friend. He certainly won't be all weird like 24 was, texting me and pressuring me to kiss him.

7 comments:

Bronte said...

Hi So Close,
I just found your blog. Great writing and humor. I've read the Surrendered Single too, and while I find some of her views (gender essentialism) problematic, I think she's right much of the time.

I just started dating someone I met on match.com. He's about 12 years older than I; which I've never done before (I'm 32), but I really enjoy his company--and SS would say that age doesn't matter as long as I like him and he treats me well.

Anyway, I look forward to following your search. 24 might get back to you yet; it's only been a few days since your last date and it's still very early. On the other hand, the constant rearranging of schedules sounds a little disrespectful of your own time and schedule.

I hope you don't mind the feedback.

Anonymous said...

Not exactly sure what to make of his message. Maybe he would be interesting enough to have a conversation with a la friends. I do respect his forthrightness,about not being a match but liking the date and finding you attractive, for some reason.

Almost in America said...

Bronte, love the feedback! I think 29 and 46 might be too far apart for him. It's hard for me, but I'd be willing to try!

Anonymous said...

Was he using a walker?

Almost in America said...

Wait, you're intimating that 46 is so old he needs a walker? Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Compared to you! :)

Almost in America said...

Love it!