Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I talk too much about my intelligence

A friend kindly pointed out that I talk about being smart, wanting people to be smart, and that sort of thing a lot. So perhaps, her point was, that I do this with guys. And this could cause them to start telling me they're smarter than me because they feel intimidated. I don't know about that last part, but geez, it sounds like I have issues, right? And I totally do, about my intelligence and capabilities. So I need to work on that in the dating arena and in general.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as your profile goes, your mention of being a lawyer and valuing education growing up is enough to let people know you are bright. Nuff said! Don't worry or belabor it.

Bronte said...

Agreed. A well-written profile attracts intelligent men who like being with intelligent women. No need to go out of your way to mention it. Show, don't tell!