Friday, September 18, 2009

Wow!

So now I am being invited to hang out with two guys tonight. One is an acquaintance from college I haven't seen in like eight years. He's always eager to get in my pants though, and this time is no exception. The text messages he sends - geez. And I'm like, "It's not going to happen." "Y not?" "Because I don't sleep around" (okay, we all know that's, you know, a slight exaggeration) "Who said it's sleeping around? We know each other."

Men! They're all pushy to date you or do you, then once they get you in bed it all goes downhill. I swear. That's not to say I'm some big man-hater. It's just kind of grim.

The other is C, whom I have rekindled my friendship with. And occasionally more. C wants to take me to dinner as a thank-you for some legal advice I've been giving him. The more I know about him, the more I don't want anything beyond friendship. I thought I'd get attached, but instead I'm learning that he doesn't make good choices when it comes to women, his job, or finances. And that all adds up to someone that I could never date. It's weird because I was practically in love with him this time last year, and it all went down the toilet and I was very hurt. Now that I know him better, he has some wonderful qualities (for example, he's been advising me on my home-decoration by painting canvasses project and he loves the sci-fi stuff I love), but he's not what I deserve. He doesn't have some of the qualities I need to feel secure in a marriage. Like the ability to steadily have a job.

But having two guys want to hang out with me is pretty flattering. At least they both have advanced degrees, and are interesting and articulate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say enjoy the evening and don't do anything you'd regret. You KNOW what they are like. Perhaps you can subtly parlay the time to find out about meeting their friends who might be better catches?!? :)

homeimprovement said...
This comment has been removed by the author.