Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sex and the City

Did I mention that I've been watching Sex & the City reruns on TBS - I DVR them and speed through.

I've reached the part where Charlotte has met Harry, found him off-putting but fell in love anyway, and is considering converting to Judaism. At the same time Miranda realizes she's in love with Steve, but he says he's met someone and, "Don't worry, I'm not in love with you anymore." Samantha's still getting over a cheater, and Carrie's about to embark on her lame relationship with Berger.

It's weird, watching Carrie with Berger and Aidan, I thought it was totally obvious that the relationships weren't going to work. Did other people see that when they were actually new episodes? Or is it just because I know how it ends?

Either way, it doesn't give me gobs of hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really watch that show so can't comment (tho' I have seen enough to feel a couple of them are just plain silly.). But, here's a "story". Was talking to a man who told me he wishes he were married. (He is loooong divorced.) He says he meets 2 women per week, via Match. So far nothing. He wishes there were short videos on Match and says the 1st person to come up with something like that will make a fortune. (Moral? It's damn hard to tell what someone is like till you meet them.)In the meantime he just tries to meet "new people" and enjoy himself. He organizes all kinds of activities via his (large) network, e.g. tennis playing, "slow" group bike rides on Sundays, and mini singing/guitar playing get-togethers. So, he enjoys these activities and if he meets someone, fine, if not, he has been enjoying himself. But, like MANY, he continues to look. He's not a weirdo!!!