Sunday, January 4, 2009

#10 is hot; My first second date

I met #10 (Marine Corps officer) for breakfast this morning at 10 a.m. I had a great time! We talked about Iraq and Afghanistan and the election and all sorts of stuff. I like him. And he's hot. Did I mention he's hot? For the first 30 minutes it was like he couldn't look me in the eye. I think that's because he was attracted to me - or it's possible I had some makeup-related gook under my eye... hmmm... well, if he calls we'll know why. Heh. Ugh. Anyway, we sat outside after breakfast (they kinda rushed us) and talked until noon. He walked me towards my car, then gave me a quick hug and said he'd call. We'll see what happens. I try not to get my hopes up about this stuff because of the two I liked a lot but didn't call me. :( But they were from match, not eharmony, which seems to provide much better matches. Okay, I really want #10 to call. A lot. A lot!!!

Monday I have a date with #9 (dive shop owner) for Mexican food in Homestead (the mecca of Mexican food in South Florida). Wednesday I have a date with now-christened #11, a film maker, for Japanese food in Dadeland. #11 is from match.com.

Sunday I have a tentative lunch second date with #8 (Chinese-American construction project manager). Thing is, on the phone we were joking around quite a bit and he made some joke about not knowing if I was crazy yet so not elevating me to Saturday night date status. It hurt my feelings a bit. But I'm really oversensitive at times, and basically had the same thought about him...

I definitely feel like I'm on a husband-hunting mission, which is weird. Also, I am in love with WALL-E. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is good!