Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Super Awesome Date with #9

I wasn't totally looking forward to my date with #9 - this is usually because they are a bit stale on the phone or not as hot as Brad Pitt. The former is not uncommon for straight men and the latter is a fact of life, so I generally try to override my ambivalence and hope to have a good time.

Man, did I have a good time! This guy is super smart and talented. A self-described computer geek who gave up his big company at 29 because it was so successful he was overwhelmed - and now he owns a dive shop in the Keys (he's 38). Me likes. He's really interesting. He seems like a wonderful person - how did I find one of those? Wow. He's chivalrous and funny (not as funny as me, but hey) and laughs at my jokes (this is important since I make a lot of them). I stayed waaaay too long, but I was just enjoying myself so much! He seems to have some insight and self-awareness. And my god, I wanted to kiss him so bad. I didn't, of course. That's a little too fast for me these days. But it was distracting me. And while we were talking, as it got later, he was looking at my lips - sure sign he wanted to kiss me too. Afterwards we texted; he asked, "So how did I do?" I said, "U better call me when u get back" from the 11-day trip to France he's leaving for on Thursday - a sure sign from someone up on high that I need to take it slow, I think. We texted for a while after that.

But wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Go e-harmony.

Date tomorrow with the filmmaker, #11. When I talked to him on the phone, his voice is super dorky - like sort of high. He definitely doesn't "give good phone," but maybe he'll be great too. Either way, I've had two great dates in the past few days, so I'm definitely meeting quota. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOH LALA