Sunday, January 11, 2009

Second date with #8

I had a kickass time! We had a late lunch at Lost & Found in Midtown. We laughed our asses off and also discussed our jobs. He's got a great sense of humor, very off-color like mine. So it was fun. He also was impressed with my vocabulary, a comment I also got from #13 when I was on the phone. Anyway, as we were leaving he asked me if I want to go out in the coming week and I said yes. Then he did try to go in for a kiss, but it was subtle (not like #1 back in November) and I sorta avoided it. I don't know him that well (I know, you're thinking that in my last post that was clearly not a problem). But I take #8 seriously as a prospect (the term we also use for potential donors at my job... hmmm... heh heh) and I don't want to jump into anything. I'll lose perspective. Plus, I have another date with #9 (dive shop owner) when he comes back, maybe I'll hear from #12, and who knows? No need to rush.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so weird that you only kiss ones you are not interested in to me. How exactly are the ones you like supposed to know it if you avoid kisses? I would think it would be confusing. Are you doing it because you feel like if by letting them chase it is better?

Almost in America said...

You, dear Anonymous, have an excellent point. I guess it's just that having been with #12, the idea of kissing #8 within 36 hours and knowing I want to kiss #9 when he comes back was overwhelming. Like, I just instinctively held back because it was all too much for me. Juggling legitimate love interests is something I don't have experience with!
So, #8, you're getting a kiss this weekend (assuming you actually call, since you may be confused about my interest).