Thursday, February 5, 2009

14

14 is the IT guy. On Saturday I remembered that his facebook relationship status says "it's complicated," so I texted him and asked what that meant. He wrote back LOL, then another message saying "...story for an afternoon with coffee in the table" (I assume he meant coffee on the table, but hey). I wrote back "bueno," which is like "ok." But he never said anything more or asked me to get coffee. I have this nagging feeling that I should not initiate it. I don't know if it's because that's how you're supposed to play "the game," which I don't want to play, or if it's because I sense that he needs to do this on his own timing. I guess since I said "I'm not promising anything," the first time he asked me to coffee I may have given him the idea that I'm not into it. I dunno.

I thought I should add that he does in fact speak excellent English, but Spanish is his first language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are getting some message that he is involved in some way-whether with an ex-wife, 6 girlfriends, a dying wife, living at his parents or whatever.If he can't be direct about it, in a sentence, forget it! Do not pursue any drama. What do others say???

Almost in America said...

Good point!