Sunday, February 1, 2009

Conversations with My Friend/Match

I've had some enlightening conversations with one of the guys I'm friends with and was also matched with on eharmony. Some male insights:

- No picture? Bad advertising! He says that your profile is all about marketing and you've got to do it well or you won't, you know, sell your product. I now close all matches that don't have a photo. I used to wait, but I go back a month later and they still haven't uploaded one. He says they must be really unattractive, or just plain dumb, so why bother? I agree.

- The reason given for why someone closes a match on eharmony is irrelevant. Novel idea to me! He says really, it doesn't matter what the reason is anyway; it just isn't a match. Next! And here I've given careful consideration to the reason I give. So not necessary! And time consuming!

- "Match.com is like a bar." This is totally true. I see eharmony as more like an acquaintance matching you with someone they are acquainted with as well. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but at least someone mutual thought you're both not total assholes.

No comments: