Saturday, February 28, 2009

17 - nixed

It's too bad, because I like him. But I always like booze hounds and druggie types. Sigh. Given that he talked a lot about beer when we were on the phone, I was on high alert for his drinking behavior. We had a really great date, I had a lot of fun. We ate pan-asian cuisine on Lincoln Road and then went to Van Dyke's upstairs lounge and saw this really great, like, latin jazz band. They were really good, and I even kinda dance in place.
Problem? Yes. He had 6 beers between 8 and 1. Yes, it was a good enough date that I let it go that late. But 6 beers? Excessive. Also it's never a good sign when I'm counting your drinks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gut feeling was right on, so knowing you can trust your gut is a good thing to come out of this. I wonder how many beers he'd have had had they been free...in other words, he may drink even heavier under other circumstances. Glad he's not flying our commercial airliners!

Anonymous said...

Was he at least cute?

Almost in America said...

Yeesh, I'm glad he's not flying our commercial airlines too!

He was kinda cute, yeah! Shorter than 5'10" tho, I think. I subtract 2" off their stated height to get the real one.