Thursday, February 5, 2009

15, 16-17

15 is this Chinese guy (another one) that didn't respond to my messages on eharmony for a while, so I closed the match. But he sent a final message saying, "I thought we had something. I would really like you to reconsider," so I opened the match again. Apparently he hadn't intended to renew his subscription to eharmony and it ran out and he thought I would call him. But since I had to postpone calling him for a few weeks, I emailed him several times through the site, but he didn't respond.
Anyway, I reopened it. I guess I'll call him soon.
16 - Actually part Cherokee but from Alabama, has a great sense of humor and enjoys playing with words (like me)
17- Brazilian but has lived here a long time, lawyer
16-17 seem like nice guys, but I was overwhelmed by the veritable soliloquies they both emailed me in their first messages. We're talking like a page or two in a word document. A LOT. And then I had to respond? Oy. I'm still trying to take it easy, and I didn't have the energy to put in a ton of time to really craft some huge response. I guess also at this point I just feel like, we need to meet. After we exchange Must Haves/Can't Stands and I can tell that they will tolerate my tv junkie-ness and foul mouth, really, we might as well just exchange numbers and talk! There's no need for 10 emails about each other when it likely won't lead to much. Maybe that sounds negative, but honestly, I don't want to invest a ton of time on each person when I will probably see them once. If I want to know more, I can ask after I decide that he's smoking hot and the future father of my babies. Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to write a lot cos they do, do you?

Almost in America said...

Nope, my responses are substantially shorter!